Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Brunch with the Babas

Grieshaber, it is hard to pronounce. Very few get it right. Maybe that is why we call Jimmy and Gina the Habanero's and the Baba's. The correct way to say it is Grease and then Harbor with a Boston accent. Grease-ha-ba:)

Now you know how to greet them when you show up at their house for brunch on Sunday. I hope they read my blog so they know to expect you!

For as long as I can remember Jimmy and Gina have been making brunch Sunday mornings. My pictures don't do the feast justice. I know that on any given Sunday, I can show up and they will have more than enough to feed me and a small army.

Jimmy makes his giant egg scramble which usually consists of scrambled eggs, peppers, cheese, ham, tomatoes and anything else he feels like putting in that day.
There is also usually turkey sausage or bacon, keeping it healthy, and a huge stack of pancakes, see below. Jimmy doesn't usually look that serious when he is cooking, I don't know if he realized what I was doing.
What is really cool about this brunch is Jimmy works for Starbucks and Gina works for JP Licks so they both know coffee and tea like nobody's business and they have all the tools to make you a latte, cappuccino, or any other fancy drink you can dream up!

We brought Lou's friend Joe over one Sunday morning and 20 minutes later he was asking, " Who are these people?"

You didn't really think I was going to tell you where they live though did you?

No comments: