Sunday, December 9, 2012

224 Boston Street

224 Boston Street
224 Boston Street
Dorchester MA
617-265-1217


I got a promotion at work a couple weeks ago, and Lou brought me out to celebrate. Who says you have to go into downtown Boston, fight the crowds and pay an arm and a leg to celebrate an event?

Not us, and that is why we found ourselves at 224 Boston Street. The address is the name. You can't forget where this place is, genius.

From the outside this looks like a pretty tiny place, but they use the space wisely Walking into the the front door you end up in the bar. There is a large round table in the center of the room with generous pillar candles on it. There were also a few two tops as well as seats at the bar. To the left of the bar is a short hall leading to the dining area. The dining area is filled with two tops and a few booths. If you read this blog you know I LOVE two tops in a restaurant. You can move them around, push them together. They are the perfect restaurant table.

We started our meal with the "Mini" Lobster Mac&Cheese. As you can see there is nothing really mini about it. I thought presentation was original and the lobster was abundant. It was a great starter.

Mini Lobster Mac & Cheese garnished with Micro Arugula
For dinner I got the Grilled Salmon with Blue Claw Crab & Red Pepper Ravioli, Creamy Pine Nut Pesto and Yellow Pear & Grape Tomato Ensalada. The salmon was a large portion. The sauce was tasty, and I could definitely taste real crab in the ravioli. Honestly there was enough here to have a second meal out of it because the sauce was fairly rich.
Lou got the Pistachio Crusted Chicken Breast with an Orange Marmalade Cream Sauce and
Goat Cheese Ravioli. I wasn't a big fan of this, but it isn't really what I would call from my taste portfolio. I am not a big fan of sweet and savory together, and I thought the chicken was a bit bland, but Lou ate the whole meal, and he isn't one to just eat something he doesn't like.



I didnt' get a picture of our desert but we got the Death by Chocolate Warm Fudge Brownie, Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge and
Whipped Cream.

Another Old post that I never published, the address is the name.  Go there, a lot of fancy food for a good price.

No comments: