Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Queen of the Theme

My Godson Jimmy made his First Communion this weekend. His mom is one of my best friend's in the world, and she made a beautiful cake for him. I was going to post a picture of he and I, and post a picture of the cake, and then I started to sort through my photos. I realized I had many pictures of cakes and parties Gina has done over the past 6 years. ( Only 6 years because that is when I got my camera:) Gina and her husband Jimmy LOVE a good theme party, and more than that, they LOVE to THROW a good theme party.

I compiled all the pictures I have of some of their work into this blog entry, and I dub Gina the Queen of the Theme.

Need help with a theme party you're having? I would gladly pimp my friend out for a reasonable fee!

I will start off with one of Gina's more subtle themes. I asked her to make a cake for Lou's and my house warming.

For Little Jimmy's 5th birthday he was into Rescue Heroes. Jimmy and Gina made t-shirts for themselves and the kids and had them do an obstacle course turning them each into rescue heroes themselves.
This is the cake from the Rescue Heroes party, not my best picture, but it was an avalanche with rescue vehicles on the scene to save people.
This is a picture from an 80's theme party. Jimmy is wearing his actual gear from back in the day. This party included neon drapes, and dancing Michael Jackson's Thriller
This is Gina and I at a 40's themed party. In the back ground, you can see some period posters.



Cupcakes were on the menu for the 40's themed party complete with homemade chocolates with American Flags.
A running joke since Little Jimmy's 2nd birthday party, is Lou's parents didn't love him and never threw him a party like the ones Gina and Jimmy throw for little Jimmy. They made up for it with a Halloween themed party for Lou's 27th birthday. Complete with haunted cake below.
Jimmy's 3rd birthday was all about pirates. This pirate ship was one of the more ambitious cakes Gina and Jimmy created.
For Jeanette's shower, this cake below was created. Leila is now 5 years old. Time flies.
Here is Jimmy! The lucky boy who lives in this fun filled, themed household. I got him right before he changed out of his communion outfit. What a handsome boy!
This is the communion cake. Classy simple, and delicious, like all the cakes Gina makes!

No comments: