Monday, April 5, 2010

Moonlighting and Le Fontainebleau


Le Fontainebleau Hotel
4441 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, Fla

Atmosphere: Luxury hotel in Fla. Miami Beach, relaxing sprawling pool, junior suites with awesome balconies. View from my room.

Pricing: I didn't have to pay to stay, but let's just say there was a Lamborghini parked out front when we pulled up.
Kid Friendly: You will much more fun without them.

Ok, I admit it, I'm a moonlighter, but if it means getting to stay at Le Fontainebleau for free, how can that be a bad thing?

For those who know me, I am a Customer Service Manager for Avaya by day, and by night I work for a few other places. Since my other jobs don't have anything to do with telecommunications, there is no conflict of interest, and these extra jobs give me a nice break from the grind.

One of the things I do, is I assist facilitators at a team building company called Leapfrog Innovations. Leapfrog takes the group hugs and kumbaya out of team building, and they make it fun and challenging for everyone. Check them out if you are in the market, www.leapfroginnovations.com. Same name as the kids toys, but completely different concept.

Recently Leapfrog did a big event at Le Fountainebleu in Miami for a large pharmaceutical company. My good friend Jimmy and Gina, and I got the privilege of traveling down to Miami, staying in the hotel and enjoying a nice break from the never ending New England winter.

Le Fontainebleau is a luxury hotel on Miami Beach, with an amazing pool area. We were there for work and only in town for 1 1/2 days, but we got to enjoy some sangria, crudités, and bruschetta poolside. All hotels tend to have overpriced food and Le Fontainebleau is no exception, but the food was exceptional, and expenses helped to pay for a portion of the cost. After traveling all day. Sitting in the sun, having a couple sangrias, and eating deliciously prepared food, was worth the extra cash.

The Crudités we ordered were amazing. I am only mad I didn't get a picture. There was lightly blanched broccoli, fennel, and cauliflower, as well as, raw carrots, celery, tomatoes, and cucumber. The vegetables were bountiful and fresh, and they came with a yogurt dipping sauce and a mustard vinaigrette.

The Bruchetta was also a bountiful portion. There was enough for each of us to have 2 pieces. The mixture on top was sweet and tangy, but items like this are all about the bread, and this bread was outstanding. It was lightly toasted and served warm.

The Sangria was served in plastic wine glasses since we were by the pool, but these days plastic ware has come a long way baby. The glasses, although plastic, still had an heir of sophistication about them.
The food alone was fabulous and enough to leave me longing for a trip back to Le Fontainebleau poolside, but I would be remiss if I didn't mention the atmosphere. Low cushioned rattan chairs and loveseats allow you to slip immediately from travel mode to vacation mode, and we weren't even on vacation! I am attaching a picture of one particular area at the pool where people can lounge. If only we had, had the time....
Lobby bar at Le Fontainebleau Miami. This place was packed Monday night, we later found out The Situation was in town from Jersey Shore, as the show moves from Jersey to Miami Beach for its new season. Like the good Jersey girl I am, I yelled at The Situation as he walked through the bar with his Entourage. You can take the girl out of Jersey but you can't take Jersey out of the girl.


No comments: