Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Black and White Cookies at Lyndell's

Lyndell's
720 Broadway
Somerville, Ma 02144

They also have sites on Hanover St. in Boston and Prospect St. in Cambridge.

Food: Traditional Bakery, breads, cakes, cupcakes, cookies, wedding cakes, pastries

A few weeks ago we went to Soundbite's in Somerville for breakfast and stumbled upon Lyndell's Bakery. I will write about Soundbite's too, but Lyndell's takes precedent on my delicious meter today.

Lyndell's is the kind of bakery I remember going to as a kid after church. Where the icing is sugary as can be, and the cream donuts are packed with the creamy white filling. Each bakery box is wrapped traditionally with string, and I love the nostalgic feeling I get when I walk into this place.Lou and I went for the Black and White cookies. I always think it is funny these are called cookies because they are really flat cupcakes with icing on top. Lyndell must think that too because they call them Half Moons. They also make them all chocolate, all vanilla, chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. The entire line the call Moon Madness. Who needs all the cupcakeries when you have the Lyndell Moon which is twice as big and three times as yummy?

If you are in the area, check it out, we have already been back a few times!

1 comment:

Quay Po Cooks said...

Wow the cookies looks delicious. Unfortunately too far for me to check it out.