Friday, October 22, 2010

Korean BBQ at Koreana

Koreana
154-158 Prospect at Broadway,
Cambridge, MA
617-576-8661

Food: Korean, including Korean BBQ
Atmosphere: Social, lively, simple, casual, clean
$$$$$ Average for a night out in the city. Apps start at $5 entrees avg $20-$22

www.koreanaboston.com


Just realizing how inconsistent I can be with my posts. Sometimes I am so official, I write about what type of food, the atmosphere of a restaurant the price... Not lately though. I even keep forgetting to label my posts so they fall into categories.

Oh well, you want to know the atmosphere on a post I don't specify it on? Look at the pictures and figure it out! Price? Click on the website! and for now, unless I have my own bambino or talk about my friend with a four year old coming out with me, you can assume, these places probably aren't kid friendly.

I am just being a wise ass. I will try to be better.... but tonight I am lazy, and I just want to write about my fun time at Koreana.

Koreana is a Korean BBQ restaurant in Cambridge. This type of dining is great for people who like to share dinner. Also a great conversation piece, great for large groups. It is very social.

There are individual dishes on Koreana's menu for anyone who wants something a little different than the BBQ, or for someone who doesn't like to share like Joey from friends. The dish below is one of those that our friend Carolyn ordered. I am not saying Carolyn doesn't like to share though. She got this so we would have the full experience of BBQ and a tasty dish. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it was called! haha, so I am going to say it was Bokembop! Korean style fried rice with a vegetable variety, your choice of beef or chicken, and kimchee! Honestly I don't think it was Bokembop, but it sounds good, and it looks good too! Whatever you choose at Koreana, you are going to get variety that's for sure.
The BBQ dishes all come out the same way. Beef,chicken, pork, shrimp or tofu are delivered to the table and placed on the BBQ by the server. The start the cooking process but leave the tools for you to finish it off. The BBQ is served with 9-10 side dishes which include various small salads like the most popular KimcheeKorean BBQ is also served with slivers of garlic, peppers, soy paste, a bowl of rice and large sesame leaves to place the items in and eat with.

Koreana is located in Cambridge on the corner of Broadway and Prospect. If you are in a car, you aren't too far from Harvard Square and can check out the area.

The atmosphere is social but it was a little cold the night we were there. If it is cold outside, I would request to sit away from the door. The staff is nice, and efficient. If you like to interact with your friends and not the wait staff, this is the place for you. We did wait for a table for a few minutes, there isn't a great area to wait in and again it is by the door, so it can be a little cold.

In all Koreana is pleasant, unique, and social for large groups. The food is good, and our friend Carolyn tells us it is some of the most healthy cuisine around.





No comments: