Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Everyone should have a tie to Ohio, now you can too!


Lou and I have a theory, everyone has some kind of connection to Ohio. They either lived there, or they have family or friends there. In our case, Lou lived there, has family from there, and we both have a ton of friends who either live there currently, or passed through at one time in their lives.

Don't have any ties to Ohio? Well now you can, in the form of apron ties!

Check out www.madebyamyd.com

Amy D is a crafty girl who lives in Ohio and make aprons, but not just any aprons. Her aprons are from reclaimed materials. You can get a full apron, a half, or my favorite the beer holder apron! Who wouldn't want to be able to keep their beer close and hands free while they cook the family up some chicken cacciatore? Amy doesn't just make aprons she also makes reusable coffee sleeves and takes orders for custom clothing.

Don't want to take my word for it? How about Whole Food's word? This past holiday season, two Whole Foods in Ohio, Dublin and Lane Avenue, carried Amy D's aprons and reusable coffee sleeves and she could barely keep them on the shelves. Being made from reclaimed materials and reusable, they were the perfect Earth friendly fit for Whole Foods. My good friend, Kristin, has a background in Media relations and she helped Amy with gaining the Whole Foods relationship. When I told her I thought the aprons were great, she sent me one!

Now I have my own original Amy D apron and more ties to Ohio.

Here's a bit of trivia for you. You may have heard the phrase, "that mom needs to cut the apron strings.." I was told years ago the phrase originated because at one time fires were the main form of heat in most homes. The hearths were open and mom's really did tie their small children to their apron strings to keep them from getting too close to the hearth. I don't know if this is true, but it sure sounds good!

6 comments:

Glass of Whine said...

Thanks, Burke! This is awesome. And, am so happy you love the boobies!!

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

I've been reading your blog because Kristin told me too and I have an amyd apron too. I love it!

Kris Burke McDavid said...

Thanks! I read yours too! I guess we now know why Kristin was so good at her media relations job ha ha!

AmyD said...

Oh I'm so glad you like your new apron! I can honestly say that happy thoughts went into it.
Love your blog. I know nothing about food and I like to read food bloggers opinions. it's like being an anthropologist.

thanks for the kind words!

Kris Burke McDavid said...

Love my apron Amy! Thanks for reading my blog

FoodieGirl said...

I love the apron! You know when my birthday is....hint hint :)