Monday, January 4, 2010

There's nothing like a New York Bagel even if you get it in Jersey

The Bagel Club
20 Commerce Street
Flemington, NJ 08822
908-806-6022

Menu: Bagels! and all kinds of things made with them
Atmosphere: In and out, a few tables, quick, casual
Kid Friendly: Yes I think I've even seen a high chair
Price: Cheap good eats

Three blog entries in one day?!?!?! Sorry for the overload, but I am determined to catch up, and this will be a quickie.

It always boggles my mind that bagels in Jersey and New York taste so completely different than bagels in Boston. It's only about 3 1/2 hours from NYC to Beantown, where did the recipe get lost? or is there just such a huge rivalry between the cities that New Yorkers will never allow Bostonians to have a good bagel in their home town?

Whatever the reason, Boston bagels just aren't the same.

One of my favorite places to get bagels is The Bagel Club in Flemington, NJ. It's right off the main road that goes thru town, rt. 202, and is hidden behind the 7-11 located next to Shop Rite.
When Lou and I go to NJ he will often take the bus into NYC and work for a few days. We always start the morning off with a trip to the Bagel Club to share breakfast together before I take him to the bus. The Bagel Club has every bagel imaginable as well as various cream cheeses. There is nothing fancy about this place, just good bagels and quick service in the morning to get the day started off well.

My favorite? Salt Bagel, Cream Cheese!

No comments: