Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Diners, Driveins and Dives/ Victoria's


I was watching Diner's, Drivein's and Dives over Thanksgiving. Lou and I are waiting for Guy Fieri to drop dead from a heart attack during one of the episodes from all the grease he is eating, but the food does look damn good at these places. I used to think he only ate a few bites of whatever he was eating, but after watching the marathon, he is chowing!

Anyway, this is my own version of Diners, Driveins and Dives!!! or just Diners, or rather Diner...

I have written about Breakfast at Victoria's Diner in Dorchester before, but I have never written about dinner.

Lou and I have come to appreciate Victoria's for more than just the 24 hour breakfast. We now go there for dinner too!

Lou's dinner usually consists of breakfast, but sometimes, like the other night.... He gets something different!


This last time at Victoria's we tried the Eggplant fries. Basically fried eggplant that looks like fries. I am sure this would contribute nicely to Guy Fieri's hardening of the arteries, but they are very tasty, and need no dipping sauce. Although I think marinara or ketchup would be a nice addition as well, we ate them plain. I get it Guy, I am working towards my own heart attack if I keep eating these, but this batch was work the extra cholesterol.
Moving away from the breakfast for dinner theme, Lou got this gigantic Cranberry and Walnut salad with Mandarin oranges above.
I got my equally large standard chef salad which comes with real freshly sliced turkey breast.
All salads also come with Pita bread which I love, love, love. I don't know why when I was growing up in NJ no salads came with pita bread. I didn't see this phenomenon until I moved to Boston. Maybe I just never ate salad back then...

Dinner for two at Victoria's is usually well under $30 and you get more food than most restaurants. The menu is the typically diverse Diner Menu with lots of choices for everyone, and they are open 24/7. Where was this place when I was in my 20's?

No comments: