Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast Part I The Menu


I sat down last Wednesday and put together our Thanksgiving menu then went shopping Thursday night. Here is the feast.

Turkey- I make it simple and just rub olive oil all over it. This year we have a 20 pound bird.
Stuffing- It's my grandma's recipe, bread, onions, celery, butter, and a whole lot of poultry seasoning. I stuff it in the bird and it comes out moist and delicious.
Mashed Potatoes- The only secret I have is the blender. I use a whisk attachment to mix them.
Carrots, Celery, and Walnuts- Sounds strange, but is a yummy combo
Turnips- an old family recipe which includes onions and bacons, very simple and guests love them.
Savory bread- This is my mom's recipe. I don't know where it came from it is a mix of spices parsley and onions on bread. I absolutely love it. This one is for me!
Sweet potato casserole- This one is for my husbands family who always have sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving. I hope I don't screw it up.
Mac and Cheese- Courtesy of Aunt Shirley
Pound Cake-Also Shirley's. One of these days I will have to talk her out of her recipes:)
Baked Ham-My mother in law is bringing this, yes we are going to have a ridiculous amount of leftovers!
String Beans-Another in law favorite courtesy of Lou's mom.

I am also going to throw an Apple Pie, a Pumpkin Cream Pie and a Pecan Pie into the mix.

Come back for pictures and recipes!

No comments: