Friday, November 12, 2010

Stats On My Blog



In September I visited my good friend Kristin in Columbus, OH. She is a blogging force, writing www.cbusmoms.com (a blog about great activities to do with your kids in the Columbus area), www.glassofwhine.blogspot.com,( a more personal blog sharing stories about her home life) and contributing to various others, she has made a name for herself in Columbus as someone who knows how to work the blog. She has even been asked to speak on the subject.

I had been blogging off and on for the last year, and was seriously considering changing the format of my blog when Kristin pointed out some of the new features on Blogger. When I got home, I decided to try to take advantage of some of the new designs and change some of my format, but I became obsessed with checking my Stats!

The Stats show you which of your posts are getting the most reads, what country people reside in who are reading your blog, what search strings they used to find your blog, and what sites are pushing people to your blog.

I find it completely fascinating that my most looked at post is one on Ethiopian food and Boston Cream pie. Coming in second, Jelly pudding pops! My husband who is the straight guy in our relationship would probably love to know 96 people have seen him making his Bill Cosby face while eating our version of the pudding pop. My third most popular? Fuddruckers! They do have some damn good burgers. Fourth, I am proud to say is the entry I wrote about Lou's grandmother Mother Dear. She is 92 years old and still makes the best cream corn in the south.

The other thing I find fascinating is where my blog is getting hits from! South Korea, Germany, Spain, Russia, The Phillipines, UK, Canada, Bahrain, Japan, Ukraine, China and the Netherlands are all countries with people who have visited my blog. I feel honored. Even if you hit it by mistake, the fact that you saw it is just so cool;) If you were one of the spammers who hit my blog, do me a favor and at least click on an ad next time so I can at least get something out of your visit than an inane comment I need to delete.

Thank you to Quay Po Cooks for commenting on my Lyndells post all the way from Malaysia! If I could send you the black and white cookies and know they would be intact when they got there, I would get them right out to you. Heck I should do it anyway:)

I haven't gone anywhere new lately because my day time job has been eating up all my time, no pun intended, but this weekend we will be heading out to one of Boston's most famous Pizzeria's, Pizzeria Regina. We will be having brunch on Sunday and dinner out Sunday night, so stay tuned more posts to come, and thank you for stopping by:)


1 comment:

Glass of Whine said...

I love this picture of us! Love the stats info too - so cool!