Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes from Trader Joe's

When I was at Trader Joe's the other day, I picked up a box of pumpkin pancake and waffler mix. It was a really simple recipe. Water, one egg, a little butter, the mix and a waffle iron or skillet is all you need. Here are the results:




This first batch came out a little skimpy. I find some waffle mixes poof up when you put them on the waffle iron. These did not. Not that I am making waffles all the time. This is based off my limited experience!




We ate the final product with some fresh whipped cream, and also tried them with the traditional butter and syrup. The end result was very good. The pumpkin taste was subtle, the waffles were more moist than most waffles I've had, and the whipped cream made me think of pumpkin pie!

No comments: